Posted in Events Archieve
Disability Cultural Initiative – Fall 2022
Coffee Club with South Asian Society
Students, come join us as we partner with the South Asian Society of Georgetown for our monthly Coffee Club! Come hang out and chat about disability culture.
- Date: Thursday, November 3rd
- Time: 5 PM to 6 PM
- Location: HFSC Herman Room and on Zoom
- This event will be wheelchair accessible and zoom captioned. Please send accessibility request to email@example.com
Students, join the Disability Cultural Initiative and Georgetown Disability Alliance for an informal hang for students to chat, get to know one another, and get real about the disabled experience.
- Time – 7:00 to 8:00 pm
- Location – HFSC Herman Room and on Zoom
- Upcoming Dates – 10/20/22
- Link for Zoom Meeting
- This event will be wheelchair accessible, hybrid, and zoom captioned. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any accessibility requests. We want everyone to be a part of our community.
Disability and Climate Change: A Public Archive Project Launch
Join disabled artist and activist Naomi Ortiz in conversation with Professor Julia Watts Belser, Georgetown undergraduate research assistants, and our international collaborators to celebrate the launch of our new digital archive that chronicles the wisdom and expertise of disabled activists, artists, and first responders working for climate justice. The archive can be accessed at https://tinyurl.com/DCCArchive
Naomi Ortiz (they/she) is a disabled Mestize writer and visual artist living in the Arizona US/Mexico borderlands whose intersectional work focuses on disability justice, eco-justice, and relationship with place.
Sponsored by the Disability Studies Program, Georgetown Humanities Initiative, Center for Social Justice Research, Teaching & Service, Core Pathways in Climate Change, Disability Cultural Initiative, Earth Commons, Georgetown Disability Alliance, GREEN, Theology and Religious Studies Department
- Time: 4-5:30pm ET
- Date: Monday November 7th, 2022
- Access the zoom link here: https://tinyurl.com/DSEventNov7
- Zoom captioned and ASL interpreted.
DCI x Casa Latina Zine Making Workshop
With Jennifer White-Johnson, MFA, Black and Disabled in Higher Ed, Art Activist, Designer and Educator
- Date: November 10th
- Time: 5:30pm – 7pm
- Location: Arrupe Multipurpose Room
- ASL interpreted. Wheelchair accessibile.
- Please contact email@example.com with any accessibility requests.