Drop by office hours
- Thursdays, 3-4pm in Poulton Hall 132 and on Zoom
- Drop by office hours to chat about all things disability culture and community at Georgetown. If these hours do not work for your schedule, email Dr. Amy Kenny to schedule an appointment.
Join our mailing list
Join our communities
- Georgetown Disability Alliance is a student run organization looking to build community, increase education, and enact change on disability issues in the Georgetown area.
- To learn more about the Georgetown Disability Alliance and updates, follow their Facebook page.
- GU Signs is Georgetown University’s American Sign Language and Deaf Culture Club that aims promote American Sign Language, Deaf culture and deafness within Georgetown University
- For more information about GU Signs and updates about their club, follow their Facebook page.
- Best Buddies creates a global movement of opportunities for friendship, employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and development disabilities
- To learn more about Best Buddies and updates, follow their Facebook page.
- Active Minds is the nation’s premier nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults
- For more information about Active Minds, check out their website.
Check out these News Article about the DCI!
April 11th, 2023
DCI Campaign History
Professor Lydia X. Z. Brown (COL ’15) led a campaign for a Disability Cultural Center at Georgetown as a student in 2012. On December 21, 2020, Nesreen Shahrour (SOH ‘23),…
Ramping Up Access – Event Archive
February 14th, 2023
In honor of Disability Cultural Month in October, the Disability Cultural Initiative (DCI) invited members of the Georgetown University community to build a lego ramp in red square every other…
January 18th, 2023
Disability Cultural Initiative – Fall 2022
Coffee Club with South Asian Society
Students, come join us as we partner with the South Asian Society of Georgetown for our monthly…
Disability Cultural Initiative
1419 37th St., N.W.
Suite 132, Poulton Hall
Washington, D.C. 20057
Phone: (202) 892.0654