Disability Cultural Initiative (DCI) Advisory Council
Purpose and Scope
Advisory Council members serve 1 year terms and are encouraged to attend monthly meetings if possible. The scope of the work may include
- sharing expertise and experiences to support the DCI’s longevity at Georgetown.
- identifying internal and external support for the DCI, including funding opportunities and logistical assistance.
- integrating the DCI’s work to ensure it is sustainably integrated into the life of the university.
Advisory Council members will not be expected to speak on behalf of their respective organizations officially, or on behalf of the DCI. Advisory Council members may be privy to confidential, sensitive, and/or private information. Members should not disclose confidential or sensitive topics to external stakeholders outside the Advisory Council meetings.
- Kathryn Castle, PhD., Assistant Vice President for Student Health
- Susan Cheng, EdLD, MPP., Senior Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, School of Medicine
- Meghan Chapple, MBA, MS., Vice President of Sustainability
- Caitlin H. Cochran, M.A., Ed.D., Associate Dean, Summer and Special Programs, Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
- John Dolan, PhD., Associate Dean, Student Affairs, Georgetown University School of Nursing
- Patricia J. Grant, M.B.A, Ed.D., M.S., A.B., Senior Associate Dean for the Undergraduate Program, Georgetown McDonough School of Business
- Mai L. Hinton, Ed.M., A.B., Associate Director of Admissions, Diversity and Access Team
- Adanna J. Johnson, PhD., Associate Vice President for Student Equity & Inclusion
- Lisa Krim, J.D., Senior Advisor to the President for Faculty Relations
- Bisi Ladeji Okubadejo, JD, M.A., B.A., Associate Vice President for Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Compliance, Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action
- Joan Riley, MS, MSN, FNP-BC, FAAN., Engelhard Senior Scholar & Associate Professor in the School of Health
- Libbie Rifkin, PhD., Teaching Professor, Department of English and Program in Disability Studies and Special Advisor for Disability to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Jason Sanderson, PhD., Assistant Director of Curriculum Integration and Assessment, Office of Global Education
- Fr. Jim Shea, S.J., Catholic Chaplain to the Medical Center, Mission Engagement and Catholic Ministry
- Javier Jimenez West, PhD., Assistant Dean Undergraduate Programs, Georgetown College
- Edilma Yearwood, PhD, PMHCNS-BC, FAAN., Associate Professor Chair, Department of Professional Nursing Practice, School of Nursing’s Senior Advisor to the Dean for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging & Anti-Racism
- Sam Yocca, MEd., Global Living and Learning Programs Advisor, Office of Global Education
- Emily Zenecke, M.A., Chief of Staff and Senior Administrative Officer, Walsh School of Foreign Service